How to Turn Your Smartphone Into a Webcam
In the last couple of years, the use of technology was on the rise in all developed nations worldwide. In our current working culture, the coronavirus pandemic was just the straw that broke the camel's back. We can all agree that video conferences marked this new era of remote work. The workspace 4.0, with its remote and hybrid working structure, brought in an enormous bill for all the technical equipment that needed to be purchased with those online meetings.
The group that was especially hit hard by these costs were students, but also people who might not have the most adequate and modern support for their web conferences.
But the solution for these problems is closer than we might think – it is in our smartphones.
There are many benefits of a virtual conference with a mobile phone. It surprised many people that using the smartphones had a better impact on the conversation during web meetings. Because people are used to our smartphone cameras, and people take pictures and videos of themselves regularly, they tend to act more naturally and calmly while having an online meeting. On top of that, the low costs and the conveniences just show that this method should be the future of our online communication.
Many people have different opinions when it comes down to the app that you should have while using your smartphone during a conference. To make just a video call app like Zoom and Google meet represent a brilliant choice. Those apps are constantly improving the quality, and the performance, allowing others to have an amazing experience with them. Being the two biggest platforms for online communication, and having a bunch of cool features, Zoom and Google meet are leading apps for online communication. But there is also another app that attracted a lot of attention. DroidCam is an app like other popular platforms, but it is created especially for meetings.
Follow the next simple steps to solve your problems:
- Go to your Apple App Store or Google Play store and download the app, just like any other.
- Next step is to download the DroidCam Windows Client on your computer or laptop.
- Open the app, both on your phone and laptop/computer, and allow access to the microphone and camera. Just keep in mind that both devices must be connected to the same internet network.
- On your phone, you should see numbers after Wi-Fi IP and DroidCam Port. Enter those numbers in the DroidCam Windows Client on your PC.
- Check your audio and camera for the last time and click on the start button. The app will automatically launch the camera, and your online meeting will be successful.
Before the pandemic, certain businesses understood that a high-quality Unified Communication platform is the best solution to offer flexibility and remote work for their employees. More companies recognized that working from home is a new reality and presenting a hybrid work environment is the future.